Recruiting for Cumbria Police Strategic Independent Advisory Group
Cumbria Police are looking to recruit more members to its existing Strategic Independent Advisory Group.
The group brings together volunteers of all ages from a diverse range of communities to provide Cumbria Police with impartial advice, helping to enhance delivery of police services across Cumbria. We are looking to get the advice of people who are willing to help us understand the issues affecting our communities, whilst questioning and challenging our practices in a constructive way. The role of the Group is to advise and observe the police and offer constructive criticism.
An advisor should have an interest in Policing in Cumbria and the effect it has on their community and be willing to highlight any criticisms as well as offer suggestions about how Cumbria Police could do things better.
To carry out the role it is important that an advisor can:
· Work with people from different backgrounds and communities
· Be willing to make a contribution to Police plans and policy
· Express and explain their views to others
· Listen and consider other people’s views
· Speak on their own behalf, rather than as a group representative
· Question and challenge the views of others in a constructive way
· Work as part of a team
The group meets four times a year (quarterly, once every three months). Meetings are held in the evening.
If you would like to know more about the group, click here.
Application form can be accessed from the above page, or by clicking here.
Chair of Cumbria Strategic IAG